Winter is coming!!!!! (In the voice of Jon snow)
As we all know this is the time of year that a few sniffles start to develop and with the long nights and short days, the thought of training may bring even more shivers?!?!
Always remember - A SUMMER BODY IS BUILT IN WINTER!!!
So here are my TOP 5 measures for staying well over the winter months -
1. Bed time - This is a nice easy one. The nights are drawing in and lets face it, its dark by 6pm. A nice early night is what you need to keep your immune system healthy and energy high. 10 or 10.30 pm will do nicely.
2. Zinc and Vitamin C - Zinc is used for over 300 metabolic functions in the body and many of them immune related. Its also hugely beneficial for sleep. Vitamin C is an essential antioxidant that the body cannot create itself. Ask me for best sources if you are not sure. (Not Holland and Barrett please)
3. Soup - This weekend, get a few chicken carcasses, bung them in a pot with some celery, carrots and onions, season and simmer away until you have one of the most healing broths you will have ever tasted. This can be used as a base for any soup you like. Hands down one the the best ways to avoid a cold and keep that gut healthy.
4. Keep Moving - The immune system is intertwined with the lymphatic system which is reliant on the muscular system for its transport. Keep moving and you will detox a lot quicker and therefore be less likely to stagnate and get the dreaded sickness.
5. Vitamin D - Unless you have been forward thinking enough to book some winter sun this year, we wont be seeing the sun properly until next year. Vitamin D is essential for immune system health. Please ask for best sources if you'd like to know.
I look forward to seeing you all, healthy and happy, very soon.